Instrumentation Engineering Interview Questions
Are you an engineering graduate engineer or experience Engineer in industrial instrumentation Engineering? Do you have excellent problem-solving ability ? Are you capable enough to work experience both in software or hardware sectors, Then follow us on www.helloinstru.com and trace your field? Industrial instrumentation is art and science of measurement and control of process of variables within a production or manufacturing area. Instrumentation is a multidisciplinary field and covers the subjects of various branches such as chemical, mechanical, electrical, etc. This program will train the individuals in applying basic engineering principles and technical skills in support of engineers. The role of instrumentation Engineer is to monitor process industrial areas like Temperature , Pressure Control , Safety , Flow and automation like SCADA , PLC and DCS. You have a wide scope in aeronautics, space science; also can fit in both hardware and software sectors. So, try your luck of this emerging technology of industrial instrumentation by looking at the given industrial instrumentation questions and answers and find your rewarding career.
Instrumentation and control Engineer is a very specialized branch Instrumentation and control engineering (ICE) is a branch of engineering that studies the measurement and control of process variables, and the design and implementation of systems that incorporate them Process variables include Level , Pressure, temperature, humidity, Control , Flow, pH, force , Density , Safety , Different types of sensor, analyzer Automation incluide Programmable Logic controller (PLC) , DCS ( Distributed control system), SCADA (Supervisory control and data acquisition), PID Controller .
1. What is Process control?
2. What are the process variables and what are their units of measurement?
3.Why 4-20 mA preferred over 0-20 mA signal?
4. How to identify the Orifice in a Pipe Line?
5. How to adjust 20 psi air supply to a transmitter?
6. Mention two drawbacks of derivative action
1. What Is A Distributed Control System ?
2. In Split Range Control, Whether The Signal Is Splitted Through I/p Converter Or The Converter Itself?
3. What If Thermocouple Wire Is Opened In The Field? What Signal Goes To DCS?
4. What Is The Difference Between A Hart Patch Card And A Field Terminal Assembly
5. What Is The Difference Between DCS And PLC?
6. What Are The Basic Elements Of Distributed Control System?
1: What Is Meant By System?
2: What Is Meant By Control System?
3: List a few examples for a control system.
4: What are the major types of control systems?
5: What is an open loop system?
6. What is a feedback in control systems?
7. Define the mathematical model of a system.
8. What Is Zero Of The System?
1. How to define seat leak class for control valves?
2. What is the difference between flashing and cavitation?
3. Why a control valve on refrigerant Service can not be mounted with actuator in horizontal position?
4. How will cavitation damage be contained?
5. What is the distinction between a start-up and continuous bleeding valve?
6. What is the distinction between a pressure reducing valve and a pressure maintaining valve?
- What is a ‘fire triangle’?
- What is importance or a ‘hood’ on a gas turbine?
- Why do we use ‘Halon’ as a fire extinguisher in a gas turbine hood?
- What is the expansion from of B.C.F?
- In a Ruston gas turbine, why are there two Halon cylinders in each bank? How do they function?
- How many UV detectors are installed in Solar, Ruston TB-5000 and Ruston TA-1750 gas turbine hoods?
- What is voting Logic of UV detectors in Soar and Ruston gas turbines?
- What happens when UV detectors detect a fire?
1.What is a ‘combustible gas mixture’?
2.Explain the operating principle of a gas detection system.
3.Why is gas detection as important as fire detection?
4.What are the components used in a gas detection loop?
5.What is a ‘flame arrester’ in a gas sensor? What does it do?
6.What are the name of the filaments inside the gas sensor?
7.How much approximately is the resistance of a gas sensors filament?
8.How to check a gas monitor without test gas?
9.Why is a three-wire system used on the sensors?
10.What are the types (manufacturer) of gas monitor systems used in P.D.O.?
1. State a few applications of the bimetallic strip.
2. What is Pt 100?
3. What is a thermistor?
4. State a few applications of a thermistor.
5. Explain the working principle of the thermocouple.
6. Arrange RTDs, Thermistor, and Thermocouples in the order of increasing sensitivity.
7. Arrange RTDs, Thermistor, and Thermocouples in the order of increasing linearity.