Why Level switch and how its use
- Level sensors detect the level of liquids and other fluids and fluidized solids, including slurries, granular materials, and powders that exhibit an upper free surface.
- Substances that flow become essentially horizontal in their containers (or other physical boundaries) because of gravity whereas most bulk solids pile at an angle of repose to a peak.
- The substance to be measured can be inside a container or can be in its natural form
- Level Switches are sensors with an electrical contact output at a specific liquid, powder or bulk level.
- Capacitive, conductive, diaphragm, displacer, float, inductive, optical,paddle,vibrating rod, tilt, and tuning fork models are the different types of level switches available.
- The level measurement can be either continuous or point values. Continuous level sensors measure level within a specified range and determine the exact amount of substance in a certain place, while point-level sensors only indicate whether the substance is above or below the sensing point.